Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. Let's learn together!

I am still learning.
Michelangelo

Thursday 14 June 2012

How a Teacher Could Use the VARK

Yesterday I took the VARK test. I started wondering how I could use the test as a teacher. Would it be worth asking the students to take the test in the beginning of the year ? That way I could plan the tasks and exams more carefully and support their learning better. This obviously requires teaching the same group for more than just one or two courses.

Or is it enough just to remember that there are different kind of learners in the class room? I think I'll give it a go and see if it gives any benefits to me as a teacher or to the students.

Taking the test made me notice something about my teaching: I avoid graphics and figures. I really have to pay attention to this in the future. Not learning from them myself doesn't give me the right to leave them out from my lectures!

No comments:

Post a Comment